Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is the Bible?

What is the Bible to you? That's a very important question. I firmly believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God, divinely spoken to men so that they may write down what God's message for his creation is.

Now I am willing to understand that this belief is difficult for some people. I can even admit that its hard to fathom that thousands of years ago the Lord told someone something that is so critically important to my everyday life today.

I believe there is plenty of evidence in this world to help with my inherent skepticism and understand that I do not know of anything in the Bible actually proven false.

Why do I bring this up? Well Monday I was listening to the Radio. I almost always listen to the BJ Shea Morning Experience on KISW 99.9. BJ is genuinely anti-Christianity and I don't really blame him with the points that he brings up. I want to be clear I do not agree with his beliefs in God or in a lot of what he says but I do believe that the American church has done nothing to stand up and eradicate the behavior he gets frustrated with.

Well on Monday he started talking about two news articles that referenced the church and had really pissed him off. Well things were about wrapping up when a caller from Kent, WA called in trying to explain his position.

This was the guy who royally pissed me off, its not the man who is against the church, no its the guy who claims to be the Christian but claims that he doesn't believe in the whole Bible. I actually was happy to see the Christian lose all credibility with BJ Shea.

Well here is the link to that hour of radio.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: