Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hold Music and lots of posts...

During my whole career in the Computing Industry I have had to make so many phone calls for tech support. Actually I consider it the bane of my existance... why you might ask? HOLD MUSIC. I have had to listen to some elevator music until I was ready to just end it all, and as soon as you don't think you can handle another second someone answers the phone. Oh the joy of no more music, well its quickly dashed when they place back in another queue. So that brings me back to the fact I have been posting a ton today. Its because I am testing our hold system due to an equipment failure.

Out of respect for people I have done my best to pull together a reasonable playlist of music. The hold music used to be on a CD jukebox with whatever CDs were dumped in there. I appologize profusely to anyone that had to listen to that music, I am sure it violated your consitituional rights in some fashion. Well I just modernized our system significantly and took all the CDs out of the juke box and ripped em with iTunes onto a machine. I think to and got someone to run mic wire from the phone closest to the server room and have been able to take the builtin sound card and drive our hold music from itunes. I can now build playlists and filter through the hours/days of horrible horrible blue grass music and pull out some acceptable music for all to hear. While its not the ideal mix its a start. Here it is:

  • Jam In The Pocket - Phil Keaggy
  • All Right Here - Sara Groves
  • Our Love Is Loud - David Crowder Band
  • Majesty (Here I Am) - Delirious?
  • Satisfied - Crystal Lewis
  • Everything - Delirious?
  • Smellin' Coffee - Chris Rice
  • Spanish Fantasy - Phil Keaggy
  • Every Minute - Sara Groves
  • All Creatures Of Our God & King - David Crowder Band
  • Above All - Paul Baloche
  • Flood (Live) - Jars Of Clay
  • Nothing To Say - Andrew Peterson
  • My Glorious - Delirious?
  • Thought Menagerie - Sixpence None The Richer
  • The Cross Has Said It All - Matt Redman
  • Love Song For A Savior - Jars Of Clay
  • God You Are My God - Delirious?
  • Love, Salvation, The Fear Of Death - Sixpence None The Richer
  • Healing Rain - Michael W. Smith
  • Come On Back To Me - Third Day
  • Did You Feel The Mountians Tremble? - Matt Redman
  • Epilogue/Amazing Grace - Phil Keaggy
  • Praise Adonai - Paul Baloche
  • One Of Those Days - Chris Rice
  • Thirsty - Chris Rice
  • Thrive - Newsboys
  • Amazing Grace - Jars Of Clay
  • You Are Mine - Third Day
  • Inside Outside - Delirious?

I love iTunes (yeah I said something positive about a Mac product I know justin) its been stable and has don a great job of just running. The only thing I would ask in the next version is if they would give me a 31band EQ to work with instead of a 10band EQ. I could really use the extra control since telephone service is such a limited bandwidth.

Oh one question? Does anyone know how to make an EQ the default EQ so that iTunes always loads it?

3 comments:

.justin said...

obviously i really like dc*b + deliriou5?, but i also want to know how much you are getting from CCM to create this play list?!


hehehe...


apple rules your world.
or at least you wish it did!


HA!

bailee.b said...

i love elevator music.

BigD said...

Yeah its a heavy load of CCM music but seriously thats the best playlist I could come up with. You should see the stuff I weeded out of the playlist. Unbelievable amounts junk.