Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Young Adults Ministry

Hey so I have been asked to prepare a plan for a young Adults ministry for Family Life Christian Center. I love my church, I love the heart and the effects of my church on the local community. I am hoping to build a ministry that builds up the church, that is safe for the un-churched, that is challenging for the churched, that is relevant for people. So here are my questions:

  • What events do you host? Specifically, what types of events are going to reach out to the young women. Let me clarify this point, I am looking for ideas to develop a balanced ministry (roughly a 50% split on gender lines) and have tons of ideas about how to get guys in but very few ideas for bringing in the ladies.

  • What events do you travel to for training, for education, and to build up the believers? Are there any other groups similar to ThoughtLife Northwest or the Resurgence?

  • What are great ways to develop an active and visible role in the community?
    ie Building Teams to play in the Community Sport Leagues, Hosting Concerts, plays, comedians

Any help, thoughts or ideas would be really appreciated. If you are interested I will also send out the plan that is in development, it would come with only one string you MUST give feedback. I need/desire everyones in put, if we are to build a church group that is not church centric but Christ centered and one that shows the light of Christ to the world around us I NEED HUGE AMOUNTS OF HELP!..

thanks

1 comment:

.justin said...

BigD gets no love...


www.c3shelton.org


art night.
plays.
open mics.
film + theology.

chicks digg it?


but so do the dudes.